Patent Licensing and Sales
Soquel Group works with companies and individual inventors to monetize their patents through custom-designed licensing and sales programs.
In our experience, each commercialization program is unique. To develop and execute a custom licensing or sales program that meets your needs we will:
- Review your goals and constraints with you and come to a mutual understanding.
- Evaluate your patent or patent portfolio and recommend a strategy to accomplish your goals
- Prepare documents that describe the assets. These may include patent prospectus, patent tree.
- Identify and evaluate potential licensees/aquirors .
- Recommend key licensing or sales terms and conditions.
- Consider a variety of alternative approaches, e.g. private auction, public auction, licenses to increase value.
- Formulate a roadmap and execute on a series of mutually agreed upon steps.
- Provide you with regular updates; you’ll stay informed and involved at every step.
Soquel Group partners have executed dozens of patent transactions. Examples include:
- Licensing of a digital media portfolio to strategic vendors prior to a sale of the portfolio which resulted in over $5M revenue
- Sale of pending patents and prototype biometric software to industry leader that resulted in an 8-digit transaction
- Strategic licensing of a digital asset management portfolio that resulted in sale of the Company.
- Sale of an e-commerce patent that enabled a small company to overcome a cash-crunch
- Acquisition of domain names and trademarks prior to a product launch